& TRAVEL MAGAZINE ANNOUNCES 2002
'TOP 10' AUTOMOTIVE AWARD WINNERS
Detroit "Gears-Up" for the 2002
North American International Auto Show
MICHIGAN - JANUARY 7, 2002
- ROAD & TRAVEL Magazine announced the winners of its "Class
of 2002 - Top 10 Most Likely to Succeed" automotive awards at its
6th annual awards gala, on the eve of the North American International
Auto Show in Detroit.
a 13-year old online resource specializing in automotive and travel
content for upscale professional women, providing content from which
they can make informed decisions.
Grammy-style presentation, held at the Detroit Marriott Hotel, hosted
more than 500 industry VIPs and community leaders as well as Saturday-arrival
media, the evening before the official opening of the NAIAS, kicking
off the 2002 auto show season.
as "Best In Class" for each category, the winning automakers
Car of the Year: Most Likely to Succeed - Jaguar X-Type
· Best in Class-Sports Car: Most Sex Appeal - Lexus SC460
· Best in Class-Sedan: Most Dependable - Nissan Altima
· Best in Class-Classic: Most Likely to Be Remembered - Ford
· Best in Class- SUV: Most Likely to Survive Anything - Jeep
· Best in Class-Pick Up Truck: Most Athletic - Chevrolet Avalanche
· Best in Class-Minivan/Station Wagon: Most Versatile - Subaru
Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
· Best in Class-Luxury: Most Likely to Inspire Leadership - Infiniti
· Best in Class-Entry Level: Most Vivacious Personality - Hyundai
· Best in Class-Environmentally Friendly: Most Likely to Change
the World - Th!nk City
awards are selected by a panel of nationally renowned automotive journalists,
and are presented from a women's market perspective. Each winner must
meet seven of 12 criteria which includes appealing to women, head turning
ability, style, performance, grocery getting potential, fun factor,
affordable, safe & dependable, proud to be seen in, practical, ergonomically
friendly, and very cool.
of '02 was sponsored by Yahoo! Autos and Edmunds.com, helping to bring
additional exposure to the event by showcasing the awards on their web
sites in January. Other sponsors include General Motors, Detroit Marriott
Hotel, Ford Motor Company, Mazda NAO, Block-It by Kimberly-Clark, ArvinMeritor
Inc., American Honda, Mercedes-Benz USA and Nissan North America, Inc.
information on the awards, click here.